I recently visited a relative who introduced me to one of my newest favorite dips, which I’ve somehow started incorporating into most of my meals or snacks. Spicy whipped feta with roasted red pepper dip is perfect for the summer, as it’s quick and easy to make, using only a handful of ingredients and minimal effort. While the taste is very rich, the dip itself is light and enjoyable, especially if you like a little spice.
I start by rinsing and patting dry my roasted red peppers and then chop them up into smaller pieces. The smaller the pieces the easier and quicker they’ll mix. After that, I throw all of my ingredients together and blend for about 30 seconds. You can blend a little longer, depending on your desired consistency. Finally, you transfer the dip to a serving bowl, drizzle with a little extra olive oil and serve! The whole recipe takes less than 10 minutes and is absolutely delicious.
The original recipe, found in The Complete Mediterranean Cookbook (shop it here on my Amazon Storefront) calls for 1/2 a teaspoon of cayenne pepper, but I like adding a bit more for extra spice. I don’t have a food processor and work with limited preparation space, so my Magic Bullet came in handy to whip the ingredients together. A blender will also work as a good substitute!
This dip can be refrigerated and stored for up to 3 days after it’s made. I typically enjoy it with pita chips, but I’ve also used this as a spread for a breakfast sandwich (I could absolutely go for an egg sandwich on a croissant with spinach right about now)! It also pairs very well with tzatziki dip, to cool the heat from the spice.
Spicy Whipped Feta with Roasted Red Peppers
Ingredients (about 2 cups):
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- 1 cup jarred roasted red peppers, -rinsed, patted dry, and chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra for serving
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Rinse and pat dry roasted red peppers and chop (size does not matter, however smaller pieces will blend more easily)
- Blend ingredients until smooth, about 30 seconds, or until desired texture is met
- Transfer mixture to serving bowl, drizzle with extra olive oil to taste, and serve
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do. Let me know what you think!